What is SPCD Steels? SPCD steels are drawing quality cold rolled steels, which are consumed for drawing applications.
Dimensional Characteristics of SPCD Steels: The applicable thickness for this SPCD material as defined in the JIS 3141 starts from 0.25 mm to 2.5 mm. However the width of SPCD material ranges to 2000 mm. The Chemical Composition of SPCD Steels: JIS G 3141 defines the chemical composition of SPCD steels as under:
- Maximum percentage of Carbon (C) is 0.12 percent.
- Maximum percentage of Manganese (Mn) is 0.50 percent.
- Maximum percentage of Phosphorous (P) is 0.030 percent.
- Maximum percentage of Sulphur (S) is 0.040 percent.
Remaining is iron (Fe) percentage and with few negligible impurities.
Mechanical Properties of SPCD Steels: Following are some of the mechanical properties of SPCD steels:
- The tensile strength of the SPCD Steels is expressed in Newton per millimeters and it must be at-least 270 N/mm2 (MPa).
- The elongation property of SPCD steel varies with the ranges of thickness.
- The minimum percentage ranges for elongation is from 30 to 36 percent starting from 0.25 mm to 2.5 mm and over.
- The weld ability of these materials is conformed.