What is SPCC Steels? SPCC steel is a commercial quality cold rolled steel. SPCC is a material grade and designation defined in JIS G 3141 standard. As a basic Carbon Steel it can be enumerated in dead mild steel.
What is JIS G 3141? JIS G 3141 is a Japanese material standard for cold rolled steel.
What is Commercial Quality Cold Rolled Steel? The commercial quality cold rolled steel is a type of steel that can be used commercially for forming purposes that can also include shearing of a metallic sheet. Common operations that can be done on such steels are:
Why is SPCC material called cold rolled Steel? When a material grade is specified as cold rolled steel, it means it has been subjected to a manipulative process of cold rolling in which a metal bar is passed through high tension rollers below the re-crystallization temperature of the steel. The roller does not only decrease the thickness of the sheets but also refines the grain structure and hardens the steels. SPCC steels add more good dimensional properties than SPHC Steels. Also, after the cold rolling process there are some additive processes like rewinding, annealing, and then skin passing to make a complete SPCC material with bright finish.
Available Forms in Market: Following are the available forms of SPCC steels in the global market:
Dimensional Characteristics of SPCC Steels: The applicable thickness for this SPCC material as defined in the JIS 3141 starts from 0.25 mm to 2.5 mm or over. However the width of SPCC material ranges to 2000 mm.
The Chemical Composition of SPCC Steels: JIS G 3141 defines the chemical composition of SPCC steels as under:
- Maximum percentage of Carbon (C) is 0.15 percent.
- Maximum percentage of Manganese (Mn) is 0.60 percent.
- Maximum percentage of Phosphorous (P) is 0.050 percent.
- Maximum percentage of Sulphur (S) is 0.050 percent.
Remaining is iron (Fe) percentage and with few negligible impurities.
Mechanical Properties of SPCC Steels: Following are some of the mechanical properties of SPCC steels:
- The tensile strength of the SPCC Steels is expressed in Newton per millimeters and it must be at-least 270 N/mm2 (MPa).
- The elongation property of SPCC steel varies with the ranges of thickness.
- The minimum percentage ranges for elongation is from 27 to 31 percent starting from 0.25 mm to 2.5 mm and over.
- The weld ability of these materials is conformed.
Equivalent Material Grades in Other International Standards: Read more about the international standard for commercial quality cold rolled materials in ISO 3574 1999 CR 1 Steels. The International Standard for Cold Rolled Materials ISO 3574 1999 CR 1 Steel
Applications of SPCC & Commercial Cold Rolled Steels:
- SPCC Steels are primarily used in automobile parts manufacturing.
- These are also used in different applications of Construction.
- SPCC cold rolled steels coils are also consumed in galvanized products, for example GI coils, and color plates etc.
- These are also extensively used in making of electrical appliances, containers.
- Pipes and drum manufacturing is also one of the common application of SPCC materials.
- Moreover the iron armature used in tube lights chalk is also manufactured through SPCC steel.
- Other common applications of SPCC materials are: fan blades, frying pans, wall mount kits, metal stamping kit,and ceiling mount kit etc.
Suppliers of SPCC Steels
|Menggeer Metal Material(Tianjin) Co., Ltd||86-22-88451773||http://www.tjmenggeer.com/eng/main/main.asp||Room 2126, No. 9, Keda 1st Road, Balitaitaida(Jinnan) Microelectronics Industrial Park, Jinnan District, Tianjin, China (Mainland)|
|Ten One Material Supply Limited||86 – 0755 – 81980685||Floor 9, Jiangsu Building, Futian District, Shenzhne Shenzhen Guangdong 518000 China|
|KNM Steel Canada Inc||1-514-6833685||http://steelsupplier.en.ec21.com/||PIERREFONDS PIERREFONDS QUEBEC H9A-3E5 Canada|
|Three Colors Crafts Development Co.Limited||852-0755-89969981||Flat/Rm. A, 18/F, Kingswell Commercial Tower, 171 Lockhart Road Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong(China)|
|Daewon Steel Co. Ltd.||82-2-3167675||1295-5, Jungwang-dong, Siheung-si Gyeonggi-do 429-849 Korea|
Learn how SPCC steels can be manufactured from SPHC steels, and how other material grades can be made from SPCC steels in Process Flow Illustration. Customers of SPCC Steels are recommended to know the Quality aspects before buying SPCC coils or sheets.