What is SPCG Steels? SPCG steels are extra deep drawing quality non aging cold rolled steels, which are consumed for ultra-deep drawing applications. The SPCG steels are dissimilar with SPCF steels as per their success of ultra-deep drawing operations. SPCG steel is manufactured by grade IF steels. Grade IF steels are special grade of steel made by minimized carbon and nitrogen content in solid solution.Dimensional Characteristics of SPCG Steels: The appropriate thickness for this SPCG material as demarcated in the JIS 3141 initiates from 0.25 mm to 2.5 mm. The width of SPCG steel ranges from 950 mm to 2000 mm.
The Chemical Composition of SPCG Steels: JIS G 3141 outlines the chemical composition of SPCG steels as beneath:
- Maximum percentage of Carbon (C) is 0.02 percent.
- Maximum percentage of Manganese (Mn) is 0.25 percent.
- Maximum percentage of Phosphorous (P) is 0.020 percent.
- Maximum percentage of Sulphur (S) is 0.020 percent.
Remaining is iron (Fe) percentage and with few negligible impurities.
Mechanical Properties of SPCG Steels: Following are some of the mechanical properties of SPCG steels:
- The tensile strength of the SPCG Steels is expressed in Newton per millimeters and it must be at-least 270 N/mm2 (MPa) & the yield strength is 190 N/mm2 (MPa).
- The minimum percentage ranges for elongation is from 42 to 46 percent beginning from 0.4 mm to 2.5 mm and over.
- The material holds superior non-aging & stabilized interstitial free property.
SPCG steels can be ultra-deep drawn & can last more as compare to SPCE steels. The equivalent material for this material grade in ISO 3574 standard is CR5 steel.