What are 1006 Soft Mild Steel? AISI 1006 steels are dead mild steel comparably called drawing quality steel because of extremely low carbon content and other alloying materials. The qualities of AISI 1006 low carbon steel are chiefly low hardness and plasticity. 1006 mild steels have excellent Weldability and formability.
Dimensional Characteristics of 1006 Soft Mild Steel: The applicable thickness in millimeters for cold rolled quality for this 1006 Soft Mild Steel ranges from 0.125 to 2 whereas the width in millimeters is from 600 to 1250, also available in various slit forms of varying width as per customer demands. In the case of rod & bars the diameter in inches is from 0.75 to 1.25.
Available Forms in Market: Following are the available forms of 1006 Soft Mild Steel:
- Hot Rolled & Cold Rolled Milled Coils
- Slitted Coils
- Sheets & Plates
- Wire rods
The Chemical Composition of 1006 Soft Mild Steel: Chemical alloying compositions are explicated below
- Maximum percentage of Carbon as defined in the standard is 0.08
- Maximum percentage of Manganese as defined in the standard is 0.4
- Maximum percentage of Phosphorus as defined in the standard is 0.04
- Maximum percentage of Sulphur as defined in the standard is 0.05
Spotlight: 1006 mild steels can be checked for drawing applications since it has a lower carbon content equivalent to drawing qualities in Japanese Industrial standards as well as the International standards. Moreover the ductile behavior of this material also relies heat treatment processes it has gone through.
Mechanical Properties of 1006 Soft Mild Steel: Mechanical properties are as under
- Hardness in HRB as specified in technical sources is near about 55.
- Tensile strength is around 330 Mpa in some technical sources.
- Yield strength is around 285 Mpa in some technical sources.
- Elongation is 20% in 50 mm in the standard.
- Young’s Modulus is 190-210 GPa
Equivalent Materials of 1006 Soft Mild Steel: The equivalent materials for 1006 Soft Mild Steel specified in other recognized standards are listed as under
- In other American Standards standard, the equivalent material is referred as ASTM A510, ASME 5041, ASTM A545, & ASTM A29 type steel.
- In UNS standard, the equivalent material is referred as G10060 type steel.
Industrial Applications of 1006 Soft Mild Steel: These are used in variety of industrial applications including
- Panels for Appliances & Automobiles
- Magnetic Core
- Bended Parts of Objects
- Drawing Grade wire rods
Comparative Materials: Some nearly matching materials are discussed below:
- SPCF Steels : SPCF Steels are very similar to AISI 1006 steels, because these have very close matching carbon content. SPCF steels are more soft and ductile than AISI 1006, if you need a softer material you can switch to SPCF cold rolled steels.
- ISO 3573 HR4 Steels : ISO 3573 HR4 Steels is closely matching to 1006 steel as far as chemical specifications are concerned. HR4 is hot rolled steel. It is a deep draw quality.
Suppliers List for 1006 Soft Mild Steel : There are many suppliers for this type, some are listed below:
- Premium supplier name is Shanghai Biaoxing Metal Material Co., Ltd., Contact information is 86-21-51683902 and postal address is 6th Floor, Building 17, No. 1588, Youyi Road, Baoshan District,Shanghai,China..
- Secondary supplier name is Tianjin Haixing Imp & Exp Co., Ltd., Contact information is 086-22-86728681 and postal address is 8-402, Zhiyuan Jiayuan, Hebei District, Tianjin, China (Mainland).
Note: These values are indicative and for information purpose only. Some of the given information can be outdated. There are also minor possibilities for inaccuracies in the text due to human error. For inaccuracies & outdated text you can e-mail & inform the Content Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org